- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in an engineering and client facing role.
- Experience with data analysis (SQL), ETL processes, reporting and dashboards. Experience developing and running services/scripts built in C , Go, Java, or Python.
About the job
- Experience in the media industry, including television and video technologies.
- Experience leading technical teams acting as a project lead or team manager.
- Interest in working with movies, television and/or video content.
- Familiarity with advertising-supported content models.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, multitasking, project management, and communication skills.
The TV and Media Solutions team accelerates YouTube's TV and Originals businesses with stellar technology solutions, operations, and partner support, making data exchange seamless and scaling critical business processes. Our team of Partner Technology Managers, Partner Engineers, Solutions Consultants, and Program Managers manage operations and partner support for YouTubeTV and YouTube Premium.
The TV industry is changing and our team is focused on building the future of TV for YouTube. We work across a variety of initiatives like ad-supported movies, YouTube TV, YouTube Originals, MLB Game of the Week Live on YouTube and more. As a YouTube TV & Media Partner Engineer, you will be responsible for building and improving the operational workflows, tools and scale that make these initiatives a reality.
In this role, you will be responsible for building the workflows and integrations between some of the biggest media companies, their content offerings, and the YouTube platform. The role is fast-paced and you will be involved in developing multiple workflows to ensure that content is going live correctly. You will lead cross-functional teams of Engineering, Business Development, Product Management, and Operations to develop the ideal workflows, tools and dashboards to support these integrations and partners. You'll be instrumental in taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment, implementing short-term solutions to bridge gaps, and commercializing new solutions for the long-term. Responsibilities
- Identify, drive, and optimize various operational workflows and tools (i.e., web-based and command line scripts) between partners (both external content partners and internal operations) and YouTube.
- Improve operations by developing automation scripts and dashboards. Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner's integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- Review technical terms of partner contracts to ensure that YouTube can deliver what is committed based on our product features.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges. Contribute to improving productivity by building infrastructure for onboarding and ongoing support.