- Experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience with cloud computing concepts (e.g., Big Data, PaaS and IaaS technologies).
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Ability to travel as required.
About the job
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to big data trends and business challenges. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers and firewalls.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Partner Engineer, you'll leverage your experience in public and hybrid cloud, software development cycle, and SQL and noSQL-based relational databases. You will bridge the gap between a customer's needs and a partner's ability to deliver on them.
In this role, you will work closely with business development and sales managers to grow and support the Google Cloud partner ecosystem. You will understand the technical capabilities of our partners and are in the best position to recommend the right partner to our customers. You will be seen as a Partner Specialist within the overall customer engineering organization in Google Cloud. To assure our partners continue to add tremendous value to our customers, you will lead the effort to enable partners across technologies and solutions.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Build partner specific, go-to-market solutions to reduce business cycles and drive partner business as measured through pipeline and business growth.
- Recommend integration and migration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution on Google Cloud.
- Manage the technical relationship with our partners, empowering them to drive a successful pilot or proof of concept and identify and qualify leads and opportunities.
- Support partners drive toward customer acceptance of the technical proposal, leading to a commercial proposal and eventual contractual agreement.
- Work directly with partners during the migration phase to assure they have all the tools necessary to deliver a successful deployment.