Partner Development Lead - Media, Entertainment, Information and Healthcare Industries
The World Economic Forum LLC is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Based in New York and San Francisco, the World Economic Forum LLC is impartial and not tied to any political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American subsidiary of the World Economic Forum, the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
Organized by industry and/or region, the teams are responsible for building the world’s premier communities of business executives to advance critical topics facing the industries on global, regional and industry agendas through engagement with government, industry, regulatory and civil society leaders.
The Partner Development Lead for Media, Entertainment, Information and Healthcare Industries will identify and initiate relevant industry partnerships with corporations based in North America and Europe. Overall, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to fundamentally shape the future of the World Economic Forum’s partner base, which is the driving force for how the Forum delivers on its mission to improve the state of the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the primary contact to develop the Forum’s partnership community in the assigned Industry Groups. Develop the Forum’s community of Partners in North America and Europe in the relevant cluster in collaboration with relevant Industry Leads
- Build a network of trust with internal stakeholders. Leverage their networks, expertise and community member relations, along the partner development cycle
- Act as the orchestrator to mobilize Forum expertise and experts (Industries, Systems, other communities) in the crafting of customized value propositions
- Develop own pipeline of 60 to 80 potential partner target companies in support of the assigned Industry Groups, ranging from target company first approach to contract execution
- Actively reach out within North America and Europe to develop long-term, trusted partnerships with the foremost businesses
- Monitor closely and evaluate key industry developments, media reports and policy changes that impact regional and/or industry leaders
- Actively contribute to the creating of new best practice tools and insights, to be leveraged across all Forum partner development activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in relevant subject (Business, Economics, Digital Marketing and Communications, etc.)
- Strategic thinking with a drive and passion for collaboration and tactical execution
- High-level analytical and organizational skills with intellectual rigour and flawless execution
- Confirmed project management, collaboration and leadership skills
- Agile team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Deep passion for the future of the business, the role it plays within the global context, and its potential impact on society and the individual
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with fluency in an additional language preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office / Excel / PowerPoint and recent digital platforms
- Willingness to travel in North America and Europe
- At least 8-10 years’ professional experience in relevant industries (Media, Entertainment and Information and / or Healthcare) and functions (business development, strategy definition, strategic marketing and engagement)
- Ability to independently identify potential partner organizations within the assigned cluster
- High proficiency in analysing complex industry issues using the most relevant business intelligence and in synthesizing appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated work experience with industry leaders at senior executive level; policy experts in academia; NGOs and government agencies in developed and developing countries
- Expertise in preparing strategic engagement plans and value propositions of complex new products and services for industry leaders
- Ability and proven track record of designing, developing and executing partner development plans that focus on long-term relationship building within a complex corporate ecosystem