- Represent Microsoft as the strategic marketing lead across all levels of the Partner organizations. Articulate and land Microsoft’s short- and long-term marketing strategies and programs, negotiating maximum value for Microsoft while striving for high Customer/Partner satisfaction.
- Land Marketing investments effectively with Partner and in alignment with Microsoft strategy and solution areas
- Oversee the design and implementation of our Partner marketing plans at the regional and subsidiary level to ensure business impact is maximized in a fully compliant manner. (MNA and Marketing lead create the plans at local level.)
- Develop and land a Regional marketing strategy aligned with region partner BDMs priorities, and ROI monitoring, in support of the sales strategy.
- Identify and drive regional partner-specific marketing opportunities, understanding WW and regional competitive landscape.
- Work very closely with regional channel executive in aligning strategy and priorities with sales priorities.
- Lead programmatic definition of highly targeted investments and campaigns, working closely with partner to help execute, sharing best practices and successful strategies.
Business Operational Excellence
- Deliver excellence in budget planning and management, owning the rhythm of business checkpoints both internally and externally to ensure shared metrics accountability and proactive course correction as needed.
- Help land and execute key experiential and transactional marketing campaigns with our Partners to drive sales across our product portfolio as well as enable and empower the field execution team with the right amount of strategic guidance and coaching.
- Drive business management excellence in managing all marketing investments.
Cross Group Collaboration
- Working closely with local contacts (marketing managers, channel executives) to manage investments and campaigns
- Become the customer advocate for our Partners within the DPS division and the Windows Business Group, evangelizing their products, marketing plans, initiatives, and results to cross-organizational stakeholders, as appropriate.
Insights and Analysis
- Identify trends in partner and competitor activity to anticipate long-term needs as well as potential risks in order to propose appropriate creative marketing solutions as needed. Tackle complex marketing challenges and problem solve using solid business rationale.
- Uses advanced data research to find customer and competitive insights that are not self-evident and that inform scenarios and/or marketing strategy.
- Tests insights to validate authenticity, extensibility, and predictability.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft. people and organizational capabilities across sales, marketing, and category, attracting and developing talent.
- Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- 5+ years of senior marketing experience, have an outstanding track record of results
- Channel/partner ecosystem experience required, track record of working closely with partners
- Strategic thinking, ability to define a vision, set goals, objectives, and work across virtual teams and Microsoft organizations to achieve well defined outcomes
- Consumer and commercial channel marketing experience
- Technical Marketing skills, Cloud marketing required
- Digital marketing experience, including data driven analysis
- Strategically focused, anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action, while being able to focus on achieving concrete business results through marketing execution during the fiscal year
- Customer focused, responsive, and action oriented, while maintaining a positive, professional image of Microsoft.
- Passion for Consumer electronic technology and cloud services
- This position requires domestic and international travel