Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Commvault is currently seeking a Partner Business Manager (PBM) to join our Routes to Market organization. The successful candidate is a proactive, motivated relationship builder managing partners that are focused on Commvault’s enterprise, commercial and SLED routes-to-market. The objective of this role is to accelerate Commvault sales growth by effectively engaging and enabling key partners while ensuring field alignment and activity within the defined district(s). This role requires moderate to heavy travel within the district(s)and occasional travel outside of the district(s) for training, planning sessions, and industry events.
- Develops mutually-beneficial execution plans - with partner and Commvault stakeholders, outlining goals, objectives, strategy, actions, resources, leveraging Commvault’s Partner Advantage program benefits and overall partner strategy
- Function as a partner advocate and clearly defining and articulating the Partners’ business value to sales teams.
- Insures clear Partner understanding of Commvault solutions by scheduling enablement activities, this would entail enlisting the right Commvault resources to perform this all important task.
- Plans and executes lead generation activities with partner, insuring maximum return on investment, consistency with Commvault messaging, coordinating with Commvault regional sales teams.
- Monitors overall forecast and key opportunities to insure proper progress towards timely closure, removing any obstacles from a partner standpoint.
- Executes quarterly and ad-hoc business reviews with partner, focusing on achievement of revenue, training, lead-generation and relationship objectives are met and planned.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success with customers and technology partners
- SLED and Enterprise/Commercial selling experience
- Knowledge of backup software & hybrid cloud technology
- Comfortable working with multiple decision-makers at all levels of a partner organization
- Experience in building district(s) and partner growth plans
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role; up to 50% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience