Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Partner & Alliances Manager to develop and manage the partnerships with System Integrators and Consultants that will assist and support the sales and delivery of Benchling's products and services, and leverage Benchling’s position in the marketplace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and define global strategic partner strategy, including cooperative alignment and service strategy
- Build and execute a joint Partner plan that encompasses accelerated partner enablement, joint marketing, joint value proposition, technical initiatives, governance model, and executive engagement
- Work and align with Sales and Customer Experience to execute partner strategy
- Supports sales by driving and establishing field level connections with their external partners
- Contributes to current year sales and overall Benchling growth strategy
- Meets or exceeds assigned quota for partner-generated business both Quarterly and Annually
- Creates and updates quarterly strategic plans regarding Partners within their assigned area of responsibility
- Develops a pipeline of opportunities through direct contact or from leads generated by the field
- Engages Partners at the senior level and helps to select and pursue opportunities with maximum potential
- Identifies, coordinates, and tracks leads through Partners and works with the field sales team to identify appropriate solutions
- Provides support to and liaise with Partners for Benchling Sales and Professional Services delivery
- Is single POC on Partner account for all Benchling resources to align and coordinate with at Partner account
- Localize and develop assets for Partners with related departments, e.g. Hotspot site, slides and collaterals
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed
- Knowledge of and experience in software applications sales/consulting
- 5 - 7 years successful hands-on experience working as a Partner/Alliance manager or within a channels or alliance program
- Preferred is 5+ years experience working with biologics research organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and Partners at a management-level
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Command of native English (read/write/speak).
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biology, Molecular Biology or Chemistry, or Computer Science preferred, Master’s degree or higher a plus
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend