Job Category Alliances & Channels
Partner Alliance Manager - IBM(AMER)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Worldwide Alliances & Channels organization at Salesforce provides global leadership developing partnerships with our Strategic Consulting Partners and Service Partners. The IBM Partner Alliance Manager (PAM) is responsible for helping lead this change with responsibility for driving the development and management of our Strategic Alliance with IBM in North America (US & Canada).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The IBM PAM will be responsible for developing and managing our alliance with IBM to include Alliances Strategy and Go-To-Market (GTM) plan, regional sales team alignment, supporting channel organizations, and other key stakeholders. The PAM's responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of revenue-driving programs and initiatives, and for evangelizing Salesforce's value proposition within the partner organization and facilitating the partner's value proposition within Salesforce and affiliated companies. Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, marketing, legal, and operations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with global leader & AMER leaders from IBM to develop a joint IBM strategy and GTM plan that includes investments in Practice Development, co-selling & sourcing revenue, and development of industry & cloud-based assets/solutions
- Work with the Worldwide Alliances and Channels team members to execute GTM plans in all supported/targeted regions (AMER) and developing region specific Practice Development plans, driving certification growth and delivering customer success.
- Take partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with our Salesforce field sales teams and Salesforce Industries.
- Joint Solution Development & Execution - Commercialize industry solutions or product extensions to leverage partner IP and vertical expertise with Salesforce Industries teams.
- Execute, manage and deliver regional (AMER) pipeline and revenue tied to IBM's strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive execution in concert with regional/AMER ecosystem resources. Identify target accounts and sign off with AMER sales (CBU & EBU) and partner leadership.
- Review sales play metrics/effectiveness on recurring basis with Partners, GTM team, Sales Regions & Business Development teams.
- Maintain pipeline and dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- Conduct regular cadence between IBM & Salesforce stakeholders (GTM Alliances, Sales, Co-Primes, Development, Industry Teams, etc.)
- Communications - Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of Salesforce's ecosystem strategy & execution results.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 10+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles focused on multiple partner types including GSI's like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, IBM as well as boutique and regional SI's
- Extensive external industry network with 3-5 years of SaaS based solutions and CRM Cloud partner channel sales experience
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment ; ability to make things happen.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills , using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Strong drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic global partners.
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation and professional services organization key performance indicators.
- Willingness to travel and Experienced in Global markets , customs and individual country business protocols and dynamics
- MS/MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
25% - 50%
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.