As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Chemical sector, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Partner in the Gulf Coast region, and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for both established and emerging leaders who are interested in being part of this thriving global community – outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the Chemical industry. As a key leader contributing to this important sector strategy, you will sell and deliver world-class services, recruit and develop our next generation of leaders, and further advance our reputation for environmental and sustainability solutions in the global Chemical sector, so our clients can focus on bringing products to the market that change the way we all live.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global environmental leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing :
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
Preferred office locations are Houston, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge; other Southern U.S. locations will be considered.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value in the Chemical sector. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s profile across its broad portfolio of service offerings.
- Capex Support for Greenfield and Brownfield projects, including foreign investments.
- Environmental permitting and compliance support for sustained operational performance improvement;
- Product sustainability services.
- Contaminated site management and asset retirement strategies, including closure, decommissioning, and divestment.
- Water and resource management.
- Sustainable safety services.
- Merger and acquisition and post-merger integration support.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape ERM offerings tomeet client needs.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Ensure a robust understanding of key Chemical clients’ business, organization, programs and processes, as well as a comprehensive understanding of client priorities, key needs and what is deemed as most valuable.
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects for key Chemical sector clients. Lead consulting engagements in your area of professional expertise.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM’s global Chemical sector and actively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Drive innovation to stay ahead of client needs and todifferentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS/MS in engineering, safety, science, or related degree.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience in a consulting environment, working substantially withChemical sector clients.
- In-depth understanding of the Chemical industry in the Gulf Coast and the companies operating in this sector, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- Certification in field; P.E., CSP, CHMM, or similar registration desired.