Ferguson Enterprises is looking for a Manager of Parcel Transpiration who will report to the Director of Supply Chain. The Manager of Parcel Transportation is responsible for the cost, performance, and Customer experience in Ferguson’s small package delivery network.
Overall Job Objective:
- Oversees the strategic and daily operations of Ferguson’s parcel operations in the planning and execution of one hundred million dollars in freight spend. The Parcel Transportation Manager participates in budgeting and aggressive goal-setting for cost and service, and is responsible for specific operations and strategies to ensure that Ferguson meets the committed budget and goals.
- Responsible for the business relationships with Ferguson’s domestic transportation providers, including UPS, FedEx, USPS, Postal Consolidators, and Same-Day Couriers. This individual negotiates for services and serves as a key contributor in transportation bids. The individual meets with carriers regularly in order to provide insights and to drive performance improvement through the development of carrier scorecards and leveraging contractual and business relationships.
- Responsible for the strategy and performance of Ferguson’s partner Green Mountain Technologies in the audit of freight spend, reporting, and analytics for Parcel for all of Ferguson and its affiliates. The individual drives the evolution and adoption of modern reporting strategies, and is the primary interface for all Ferguson business units with regard to parcel transportation cost and service opportunities.
- Responsible for the strategy and configuration of Transportation- and related Systems relating to Parcel Transportation, including specific responsibility for the strategic design, configuration, rollout, and appropriate company wide use of the MercuryGate TMS. The individual interfaces with Ferguson leadership in the creation and compliance with transportation business rules, including compliance of Ferguson Vendors, DCs, Branches, e-Businesses, and others that may interface with the TMS regularly.
- Responsible to lead Ferguson in the design and composition of a domestic parcel transportationnetwork with annual costs of hundreds of millions of dollars annually. The performance of the carrier network is key to the everyday effectiveness of the supply chain network, and carriers under the Manager’s control pick up and deliver over $15B in revenue to Ferguson. Failure in selecting and managing an effective carrier network will exert a direct impact to Ferguson’s profit and loss, and an indirect impact to its sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with Ferguson Business, carriers, and Green Mountain in the identification and resolution of supply chain and logistics concerns in the execution of the daily business
- Strategic discussion with internal and external business partners in the planning and implementation of new networks or business initiatives
- Direction and advice to Corporate, DCs, Branch, and e-Business employees to control or to reduce cost, to improve service, or to identify and to avoid risk
- Weekly business reviews with carriers in the maintenance and improvement of the Ferguson logistics network
- Co-development of strategic reporting solutions with Business Planning and Analysis for regular reporting out to Ferguson
Specific Job Knowledge
Corporate expertise in Parcel Transportation, including negotiation and maintenance of contracts in excess of $50 million per carrier
Expertise in designing, creating, and leveraging reporting and analytics to create business decisions, and to persuade the business enterprise in matters of cost and service
Ability to apply complex and critical thinking to financial and performance models
A solid understanding of Logistics/ Distribution principles, practices and systems throughout the entire product life cycle, including integration with a complex, high-volume Distribution Center and Vendor network
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business, Logistics, Mathematics or similar discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in supply chain, logistics or distribution operations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in negotiation and management of parcel carrier performance and agreements