We are looking for Paralegal Specialist for our client in San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Paralegal Specialist
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Paralegal support for Corporate Secretary's office
- Drafting, managing and organizing resolutions, minutes, consents and other documents for fortune 100 company and its subsidiaries
- Maintain minute books and corporate records of two public companies and over 100 subsidiaries (U.S. and International), including creating/dissolution of entities and subsidiary management (U.S. and International subsidiaries)
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings and meeting material
- Assist in administering annual D&O Questionnaires and Assessments
- Preliminary conflict analysis in connection with onboarding or affiliation changes of Directors/Officers
- Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Assist with NYSE reporting
- Coordinate Internal and External Auditor review of corporate records
- Securities and M&A experience
- Assist with document production and responses in connection with HSR filings
- Provide legal support for tax, treasury, internal and external reporting, marketing and commercial departments in day-to-day operations
- System Administrator of subsidiary management solution and board portal
- Matter management/billing through Legal Tracker
- Provide training and mentorship to junior paralegal
- ?legal secretary paralegal is to assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts, or preparing legal documents. A typical paralegal is responsible for conducting research to support a legal proceeding, formulate a defense or to initiate legal action.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleading, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements. Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file, and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one?s time. Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and the democratic political process.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in legal studies or equivalent training required. 5-7years experiencerequired. Bachelor's degree in legal studies or equivalent training preferred.