Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Senior In-House Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Organization: We are a community-based, not-for-profit organization serving people with chronic care needs, as well as seniors and individuals in need of continuing care and rehabilitation services. Our mission is to promote healing, better health and well-being to the fullest extent possible. Our care is offered through a comprehensive array of community and residential programs, as well as managed care. We have provided health care services to individuals residing within New York City for over 35years. A core value that guides us is respect for those in its care and responsiveness to their individual needs
Position Summary: This position is to assist the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel with all aspects of a full service legal department for our organization and all of its affiliated companies and their programs. The overall objective will be to enable the Office of Legal Affairs to promptly and effectively provide or arrange for the provision of all legal services required by our management and governing body.
- The projects will include, without limitation, managing the organization's contract management processes;
- preparing contracts based on approved templates;
- preparing correspondence;
- coordinating the submission of regulatory agency mandatory and otherreports and applications;
- assisting with corporate secretarial work (including, but not limited to, preparing applications for dissolution; filing assumed name certificates);
- reviewing and coordinating responses to third party requests for information including subpoenas and other requests from attorneys; and
- coordinating scheduling of interviews and production of documents requested by outside litigation counsel.
- The employee will be expected to take initiative and apply critical reading, writing, research and analytical skills to both collaborative and independent tasks
- BA Degree
- Paralegal Certification