The Contracts Manager is responsible for performing a full range of contract negotiation and development functions for a portfolio of contracts with manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (CPG) products, under which Shopper Events will provide marketing and promotion services for such products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft contracts with clients.
- Review contract modifications and prepare specialized and/or routine responses.
- Monitor contract compliance, resolving issues as necessary in consultation with advisers (business/finance/legal)
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Develop, with legal, finance and business team, negotiation strategy relative to contractual issues.
- Focal point for all communication with legal, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy.
- Ensure effective contract document retention and control.
- Organize and maintain the Company's contract files.
- Maintain and update electronic files/on-line data.
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate by the company's management.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers’ Compensation Claims:
- You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Note: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Other Functions (The desirable, but not necessary, aspects of the job):
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Working to excellent knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contract terms.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external customer relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation for data integrity.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Contracts Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Business Law, Law, or related field
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years business or related experience, particularly involving contracts management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical Demands: None
- Specific Skills: Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Vision, and SharePoint
- Specialized Knowledge, License, etc: Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) preferred
- Supervisory Responsibility, if any: None
- Working Conditions (environment in which the job is performed): Office Environment
- Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.