Position: Paralegal Consultant
Location: Bloomington, IL
This individual will be handling employment contract and immigration matters in partnership with our local and international team. This individual will act as a key internal point of contact for employment contracts, immigration needs and support all employment-based visa applications and work authorization compliance. This position will support all international Human Resources topics and projects.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employee perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate as necessary with global attorneys regarding questions and issues that arise during employment contract creation and review. Maintain awareness of legal and procedural requirements and trends to effectively negotiate and administer contracts.
- Review, coordinate, and track employment & third-party contracts and non-disclosure agreements. Negotiate contract terms consistent with company practice and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work with colleagues abroad to prepare employment contracts, determine salary structure, and manage on-boarding topics.
- Retain and maintain files of prepared legal documents. Assist with the maintenance of corporate governance and documents.
- Perform othercontract-related tasks as assigned.
- Serves as a central point of contact and handles all immigration matters. Partner with managers, employees, HR team and outside legal counsel to coordinate initiation, posting, and signing of all immigration related applications.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on immigration requirements, government procedures, case processing times to HR, employees and appropriate business leaders. Carefully track and monitor critical deadlines and proactively identify and discuss with appropriate individuals.
- Organize and track immigration service and filing costs related to visas. Maintain international employee list and reports for management review. Assist with international onboarding.
- Provide general paralegal and administrative support on a wide range of corporate matters and research various legal issues
- Qualified Candidates will possess a lawDegree from an ABA accredited law school/ Paralegal Certification preferred and possess a minimum of 1-yearexperience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this role. Other key requirements include
- Demonstrated efficiency and flexibility in handling multiple tasks often under tight time constraints in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to appropriately, and independently, prioritize, organize and coordinate work while showing initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong planning, organizational, and analytical skills demonstrating attention to detail while handling multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, and in a small team setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.