Paper Machine Superintendent - RT
Paper Machine Superintendent - RT
Augusta, Georgia 30901
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Paper Mill Superintendent
The Finished Products Paper Mill Superintendent is the leader of the combined Paper Mill and Coating & Additives areas of the organization at a large, fully-integrated Pulp and Paper mill. The individual in this role will have overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operations of a 2 paper machine, 1600 ton per day coated paperboard manufacturing operation, including equipment, processes, and people within the paper mill, stock and coating preparation areas. This position would also serve as a backup to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager, as needed.
There are approximately 100 hourly team members and 20 salaried team members under the leadership of this position.
Provide leadership in the areas of safety and environmental compliance employee engagement, hourly and salaried team development, process productivity, efficiency and reliability, department financial performance to include cost management and annual budgeting, final paper quality, and capital planning. Responsibilities will also include the direction of technical, maintenance and reliability resources who support the business unit. This position reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
The ideal candidate will be an engaging leader and change agent. Qualifications for this position included the following:
Key Competencies should include:
Action Oriented, Composure, Developing Direct Reports, Priority Setting, Planning, Organizing, Directing Others, Command Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Integrity and Trust, Building Effective Teams, Confronting Direct Reports and Others, Functional/Technical Skills, Drive for Results, Comfort Around Higher Management, Managing and Measuring Work, and Managing Vision and Purpose.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years Paper Mill leadership experience. Prior manufacturing experience in the production of coated paper/board greatly preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Clear record of safety / environmental leadership, commitment and results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong commitment to reliability, and to the use of Manufacturing Excellence tools/work systems to ensure sustainability of progress.
- Demonstrated leadership focused on accountability and results.
- Thorough knowledge of paper mill equipment and systems.
- Present Salary?
- Salary Expectation?
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
- Must have complete address for submission.