Paper Machine Shift Supervisors
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Printing & Paper
Is this you??
Position Summary: Paper Machine Shift Supervisors
The Shift Supervisor supervises and directs the operation of the paper machines in the manufacturer of quality products that meet and exceed customer expectations. This position also focuses on safety and training while optimizing all aspects of the operation including efficiency and profitability. In addition to a full complement of leadership skills – including the ability to lead teams in both a union and non-union environment – it is also important for the PaperMachine Shift Supervisor to bring knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination. Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices will be keys to the success of the Shift Supervisor.
- Manages the overall operation and crew in order to maximize production, efficiency and environmental by focusing on equipment and process reliability, minimizing waste and running at target speeds.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals
- Monitors and reviews paper machine operations routinely and takes corrective action as necessary to minimize lost time and improve quality and productivity
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Maintains quality that meets or exceeds customer expectation by producing products that are within manufacturing guidelines.
- Makes adjustments as necessary during the shift to produce products within specifications and rejects products that are outside specifications.
- Responsible for overall safety of mill personnel and security of mill assets.
- Supervises machine operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures and ensures that machinery and equipment are properly operated.
- Promotes the use of safe work practices by coaching and monitoring employee activities in the plant.
- Coordinates production startups, shutdowns and changeovers.
- Train and coach each employee so they are fully qualified in current job assignment and are making progress to qualify for next job in line of progression in accordance with a documented and monitored employee development plan.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignment/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees and shift rotations.
- A degreed and experienced paper mill operations supervisor is preferred, experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- The Paper Machine Shift Supervisor should have 2 - 3years of progressively more accountable operations supervisory experience ideally within the paper industry.
- While qualified candidates may come from outside the paper industry, it is expected that they will have similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing environment, and be accustomed to large-scale production in a commodity driven low-cost business.
- While expertise in all aspects of paper machine operations is vital, it is equally important that the successful candidate have a proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews. Qualified candidates will have keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding –as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions.
Please note that all shift supervisors at each company will work a variety of shifts including graveyard, evening, and day with differing amounts of days off in between.
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code MCMSHSUP and which state you are interested in OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.
Authorized US only