Kapi’olani Medical Specialists, is seeking a full-time palliative care physician to serve as a member of the Interdisciplinary Palliative Care Service at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children. Clinical responsibilities include inpatient and outpatient services, building effective relationships with consulting physicians to ensure communication and follow-up, and creating a culture of collaboration among specialists, primary care physicians, nurses, social work, case management, pharmacy and other staff to meet the needs of patients and families. Also participates in research projects, hospital committees and community outreach. Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children is certified in advance Palliative Care by the Joint Commission.Qualifications:
• Hospice or palliative care experiencerequired, and administrative leadership preferred
• Graduate of an accredited school of medicine• Board-certified in pediatric, internal medicine, family practice or related specialty required
• Board certified or eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine required
• Must have current, valid and unrestricted medical license
• Substantial opportunities for teaching, including supervision of fellows, house staff and medical students
• Leadership opportunities within performance measurement/quality improvementCombine the advantages of an integrated group practice with the cultural diversity, superb lifestyle, excellent climate and year-round activities of one of the happiest and healthiest places in the country!