Job Title: Paint Manufacturing Engineer - 3rd shift - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Moline, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel, including contractors.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by others.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
- Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
- Develops and implements plans to supportlean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope.
- Designs operations layouts. Improves material flow and material presentation. Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology. Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
- As a Paint Manufacturing Engineer, for the Seeding Group, you will plan, coordinate and perform materials engineering work and be responsible for contributing as a member of the Seeding Group abrication Team.
In addition, you will:
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of Continuous Improvement (CI) and Natural Work Group (NWG) teams related to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Develop work standards and methods and document in WPlanner
- Work closely with operations to maintain safety, quality and throughput of the paint system and paint load/unload work centers
- Work with members of team to develop corrective actions
- Complete and implement cProjects tasks and related Engineering Changes for PDP and CI changes.
- Be responsible for daily operations and troubleshooting for work centers for which individual is responsible.
- Background in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, etc.).
- Engineering knowledge of materials properties.
- Technical knowledge to conduct destructive and non-destructive testing and evaluation of materials.
- Experience developing work methods and related standards.
- Experience with applicable SAP transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Preferred / Desired skills and experience:
- Previous Paint/Materials Engineering experience.
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing engineering projects.
- Understanding and application of Deere Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Demand Flow Technology. - Paint/powdercoat/paint systems support. Education (or equivalent work experience):
- Bachelor?s degree in an Engineering or Technology discipline. Metatarsal safety shoes required. Off-shift position. Hours of work: 10:30pm-7am