Supervise the performance of Eastern Range launch contractor hazardous and safety critical operations to ensure compliance with Range and Office of Commercial Space Transportation requirements. Conduct operational reviews of launch contractor procedures, identify and analyze applicable safety standards and precautions, train and mentor other safety professionals, prepare safety documentation as directed to facilitate the operational implementation of System Safety programs of launch systems and weapon programs at launch ranges, such as Operational Safety Plans, Explosive Safety Plans, Safety Operations Plans, Safety Checklists, Incident Reports, Trip Reports and inspectionReports.
- Five or more years of experience in missile, explosives or armament/weapons testing and operations, including the handling of explosives or propellants, monitoring of safety performance, and the administration of facility safety inspections at missile processing and launch sites, or similar facilities.
- Training, certification or coursework in health and safety engineering, test operations, and related areas
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred
- Practical experience interpreting and applying rules applicable to 14 CFR, Chapter III - Commercial Space Transportation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
Personal attributes, special aptitudes, physical requirements, and personality traits
Good organizational skills. Communicate effectively with staff and other safety representatives. Ability to balance and prioritize work. Ability to work independently and function effectively with dynamic team. Elligible for a Secret DoD security clearance. Able to access/egress all work areas associated with Eastern Range launch and associated facilities. Able to travel to factory work locations.
BS degree in Science or equivalent experience.