Required: BachelorDegree and minimum of five years job-related experience. Current CT RN license. Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification required.
- Assumes 24-hour accountability for administrative and clinical activities of the Post Anesthesia Care, Ambulatory Surgery Unit and Endoscopy.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all clinical and patient care activities involved in the effective, efficient, and economical utilization of material resources and personnel of the unit, ensuring patient service is continuous and of high quality.
- Responsible for orientation, training, development, and management of personnel. Relates effectively with Peri-Operative team members for continuity of care.
- Maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units.
- Participates in all phases of education, maintenance of records, policy and procedure upgrades, and skills of personnel.
- Must have PACU, Ambulatory, Endoscopy, experience
Preferred: Two years of PACU experience, and previous management experience. Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS). Hours: 40 control hours.