Packaging Maintenance Manager
The Packaging Maintenance Manager provides leadership and directs packing mechanics to support entire packaging process. This position improves asset utilization, uptime and production throughput by implementing proven reliability improvement processes, ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to packaging by implementing sound work management processes. This position is responsible for department budgeting, professional and technical development of direct reports. Finally, this position is responsible for seeking methods to reduce utilities consumption, protect the environment, reduce waste and foster a safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a roadmap for proactive maintenance and upgrades to our packaging that will maximize productivity, avoid/minimize downtime and prolong the life of installed assets.
- Ensure maintenance and repair work is performed efficiently through organized planning, optimized material support and coordinated work execution.
- Ensure the production areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this service.
- Utilize data to analyze equipment failure modes, mean time between failure (MBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.:PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques, maintenance employee training, etc.).
- Help drive a mindset and skills around preventative and proactive maintenance; shifting work responsibilities as appropriate.
- Provide meaningful management reports to enhance control of maintenance operations.
- Provide quality maintenance service in support of operational needs.
- Create and adhere to a work order scheduling process through our CMMS.
- Continually reduce equipment downtime and increase availability through the establishment of a preventive/predictive maintenance program (including failure analysis) designed, directed, monitored and continually improved.
- Keep the Facilities and Packaging Operations Manager properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations.
- Work with Procurement and Stores to generate correct spare parts available
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Preferred BS in Engineering or related technical field, Business, Packaging Science or Production Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance, or Packaging position
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing/production supervisory role
- Familiarity with the beverage production and packaging processes
- Previous experience supervising in a union environment preferred
- Knowledge of CMMS is a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Frequent physical movement in a manufacturing environment with moderate noise and production environment with loud noise
- Work in a variety of outside weather conditions
- Ability to work any shift, including weekends
- Ability to work in high noise levels
- Ability to handle hazardous materials
- Ability to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery with moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
Requisition ID : 1163