Packaging Engineer - NAFTA - RA
Packaging Engineer- NAFTA - RA
The Packaging Engineer leads the technical aspects of the industrial packaging (e.g. steel & plastic drums, big bags, CIBC, pallets etc.) procurement activities. The focus areas of this technical procurement position are packaging and accessory materials for product shipments of all business units.
•Ensures and improves the application of optimal industrial packaging material under technical, legal (e.g. dangerous goods regulations), economic, ecological, sustainability and marketing aspects.
•Consults internal and external customers on optimized packaging materials as well as to internal & external logistic service providers regarding filling, handling, storage, discharge and load securing of complete packaging portfolio and COV product range.
•Manages all packaging leakage/spillage cases in cooperation with plant/warehouse. Responsible for complaint management of quality failures including root cause analysis and corrective action in close cooperation with supplier, internal stakeholder and customer.
•Approves, evaluates and develops packaging materials and new suppliers for North America. Responsible for award decisions regarding technical & quality issues.
•Develops and introduces new packaging solutions according to technical and commercial best practice, following global and local business and procurement strategies with focus on total cost of ownership (TCO) and standardization approach.
•Creates and maintains industrial packaging specifications in the global Database. Legally responsible for content.
•Conducts quality management measures as supplier audits, quality spot checks, lab tests etc.
•Represents the North American region in the global Packaging Procurement team and within global procurement network.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Bachelor’s Degree with six years of experience.
2. Must have packaging experience
3. Good knowledge of IT systems (Microsoft Office package, SAP, database).
4. Engineer or technical expert with four plus years of experiences in the area of packaging and logistics in the chemical industry.
5. Knowledge of regulations regarding transport of dangerous goods preferred.
6. Good commercial understanding of procurement process.
7. Independent working style and high level of assertiveness
8. Good communication and negotiation skills.
9. Good team player with ability to lead project teams.
10. Present Salary?
11. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: Min $85k,Max $100k,Target $90k)
12. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
13. Current Address?