$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
• New Accessories Development
• Develop all new display packaging requests on time
• Obtain part samples or drawings from marketing or category teams
• Lead design handoff with packaging suppliers (manufacturers) to obtain concept drawings, pricing and lead times
• Represent packaging group and present packaging designs in regular P&A Mar-keting project meetings
• Work with packaging supply base to obtain packaging prototype, verifying fit and function
• Complete packaging testing as required
• Review packaging designs with H-D part suppliers and ensure design is compati-ble for assembly
• Provide die lines to marketing group for artwork layout
• Provide packaging quotes to development purchasing and the H-D part supplier
• Update the packaging action register tracking as needed
• Review all packaging first article samples to ensure structure and artwork are to specification
• Review all packages part samples provided by the part supplier, support the Pro-duction Part Approval Process (PPAP) and approve packaging for production
• Load packaging specifications into computer systems
• Assist development purchasing with communicating packaging requirements to any new H-D part supplier
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with packaging experience.
• A minimum of three (3) year experience in packaging, packaging-related manufacturing or distribution engineering roles is desired.
• Requires the ability to work within groups, reaching consensus on realistic, specif-ic goals and objectives and to work within the group to prioritize those objectives.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work with people in order to gain group commit-ments to goals and objectives.
• Requires excellent oral, written, listening and comprehension skills, analytic prob-lem solving and planning skills.
• Must be able to effectively present information to a broad range of organizational levels.
NOTE: Travel is expected to be no more than 10%.
• Lead and facilitate teams of internal and external stakeholders to address packag-ing-related issues.
• Requires the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the Harley-Davidson organization as well as external resources.
• Requires the ability to work within a group environment, lead group activities, and encourage and motivate group members.
• Requires the ability to effectively lead change without direct authority.
New Brown Box (non-display) Development
• Work with H-D part suppliers to ensure they are prepared and in compliance with packaging requirements prior to launch
• Review all new packaging proposals from part suppliers prior to launch
• Work with suppliers to achieve and / or maintain approved packaging
Continuous Improvement (CI) Projects
• Develop scope, help prioritize and execute appropriate projects within package de-sign, assembly process or distribution areas
• Assist with or develop project justification based on quality, cost, safety or envi-ronmental impacts
Distribution Center Support
• Provide coaching, guidance or direct project support for Distribution Center Op-erations
• Review and approve contract packaging specifications
• Provide maintenance and data auditing as needed
Warranty/Technical Services and Single Point of Contact ("SPOC") Issues
• Review Technical Services/Warranty/SPOC request for packaging reviews
• Conduct investigation, look for data trends using warranty system
• Determine course of action and execute as CI project
• Determine if lab or field testing is needed and justified
• Quote lab costs and timing with third party provider
• Communicate and gain key stakeholder approval
• Conduct lab testing and provide detailed summary
Valid Through: 2019-10-31