Job Title: Packaging Engineer II
Location: Warwick, RI
Duration: 12+ Months
This role will be responsible to plan, organize and coordinate all Packaging Engineering and labeling related activities including development and commercialization of new products; line extensions; manufacturing maintenance of business activities; Cost Improvement Programs; testing and labeling activities to support ever-changing regulatory and industry requirements, and investigation, evaluation, and implementation of new packaging concepts, materials and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Packaging Engineer II
1. Provide cross-franchise support for new product development and line extension activities including:
* Concept development
* Project Plans/Schedules
* Design reviews and design for manufacturability
* Development of prototype packaging
2. Plan and manage all packaging related activities to launch and commercialize new products and line extensions including:
* Concept and development of packaging methods and processes
* Coordination of all new tooling and equipment
* Coordination and support of all new vendor tooling and artwork
* Development and release of all new product and process documentation
* Generation of packaging specifications and associated documentation
* Development of packaging test plans
* Planning, ordering and coordination of all new component inventory
* Qualification and validation of all new equipment, processes and operations
* New product cost estimates for packaging
* Preparation of AFE(s)
* Evaluation and recommendation of new materials
3. Plan and manage all packaging engineering activities to transfer new products and line extensions to manufacturing including:
* Development and management of packaging requirements to support the transfer plan
* Development and release of all packaging documentation
4. Special projects as assigned.
Senior Packaging Engineer
All the above as outlined under Packaging Engineer II.
In Addition, provide technical leadership for:
* Creation of test protocols and technical reports.
* Development of action plans to overcome packaging related manufacturing and quality issues.
* Assist with cost improvement programs and manufacturing improvement plans related to product packaging.
* Provide leadership with technical initiatives, CAPA resolutions, and compliance projects
* B.S. Degree in Packaging Engineering or Science, Life Sciences or other Engineering discipline required.
* Packaging Engineer II: With a B.S., minimum of 3 years' experience in packaging engineering and design or with a M.S., minimum 2 years' experience in packaging engineering and design.
* Senior Packaging Engineer: With a B.S., minimum of 5 years' experience in packaging engineering and design or with a M.S., minimum 4 years' experience in packaging engineering and design.
* Strong knowledge of package test methods, process validation, bar coding, and international standards.
* Broad knowledge of properties for materials utilized in primary and secondary packaging, plus packaging methods and equipment.
* Previous experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industries required.
* Capability of handling a variety of assignments at the same time.
* High level of written and verbal communications skills.
* Travel approximately 15% of time.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Knowledge of FDA and functional requirements for Class II and Class III sterile, non-sterile, disposable and reusable devices.
Job Title: Packaging Engineer II