Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This position is the focal point for Corporate Industrial packaging design and evaluation. It is responsible for management, oversite, and implementation of package design, packaging improvement, and cost reduction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification and management of packaging improvement projects across a network of manufacturing plants and distribution centers.
- Packaging vendor relationship engagement and management.
- Financial analysis, including scenario analysis, of pipeline projects and implemented packaging projects to ensure ROI achievement.
- Tracking and communication of all packaging projects, including detailed reporting of cost reduction projects.
- Working in partnership with multiple business divisions and respective plant management to identify and communicate project rational, benefits, and execution responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging or a related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a related business or industry.
- Strong knowledge of industrial packaging design and transportation.
- Ability and experience in identifying and documenting existing and proposed packaging costs and cost reductions, including any impact on labor and transportation.
- Experience in package development and design including, corrugated cartons, wood pallets and wood crating.
- Experience with corrugated and foam dunnage and foam-in-place systems.
- A familiarity with returnable container systems and justification.
- Knowledge of package testing. Experience with packaging optimization for all modes of transportation. Packaging problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Excellent communication, project management and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in PC based software including MS Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, SAP, and TOPS.
- Willingness to travel for manufacturing and distribution site project work (less than 75%).
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.