Reporting to a Luxury Division Packaging Development Director responsible for Global leadership of a range of industry-leading Luxury brands, the job holder will be leading the development of packaging solutions for the portfolio of launches on the Philosophy Beauty Brand (Skin Care & Fragrance).
This will involve fast paced development of primary and secondary packaging solutions, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing, Design agencies and external suppliers) through to initiative qualification at suppliers and in Coty plants, and all the way to initiative successful delivery in market. Initiative must-have success measures include launch delivery on-time, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
This role will also involve strategic development of the future Packaging platform across all packaging forms to support better and cheaper line-up of packaging solutions supporting the brand in its global expansion with uncompromised quality.
The role necessitates a high level of internal collaboration multi-functionally (Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory, etc) as well as externally (Design agencies, Fashion Houses, universities, etc), which the job holder will have to excel in.
In this role as a Senior Manager, the job holder will be expected to lead a team of between 3-6 employees, coaching individuals through the successful development and delivery of initiatives to the market, and enabling team members to develop and grow successfully through the Coty career system.
The job holder will actively look to build strong organisational capabilities contributing to the strengths of the Global Coty Packaging Development organisation. This can include leading advances in technology development, physical and digital prototyping, rendering capabilities, modelling and simulation approaches, operational advances, etc. This will depend on the profile, capabilities and passions of the individual and specific evolving business priorities, needs and opportunities.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Packaging Development professional in the luxury beauty industry
- Experience in leading developments from design phase to in-market delivery (including tooling and production line qualification)
- Track record of successful in market launches, technical and organisational innovations
- Experienced people manager
- Experience and strength in collaboration with both internal (including Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (including suppliers, design agencies and fashion houses)
- Ability to work internationally
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers, Coty plants)
- Academic qualifications: Masters in sciences
- CAD literacy will be a plus