Coty Luxury Division is focused on expanding Coty’s leadership position in prestige fragrances and skincare in the Luxury Beauty market, across all regions and luxury channels. Fragrances include Marc
Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Balenciaga Bottega Veneta, Alexander McQueen and Miu Miu. Skincare brands include Lancaster and Philosophy.
Reporting to a Luxury Division Packaging Development Senior Manager responsible for Global leadership of Packaging development on the Philosophy Beauty brand, the job holder will be leading the development of packaging solutions for a range of launches on the Philosophy Beauty Brand (Skin Care and/or Fragrance).
This will involve fast paced development of primary and secondary packaging solutions, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing, Design agencies and external suppliers) through to initiative qualification at suppliers and in Coty plants, and all the way to initiative successful delivery in market. Initiative must-have success measures include launch delivery on-time, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
The role necessitates a high level of internal collaboration multi-functionally (Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory, etc) as well as externally (Design agencies, Fashion Houses, universities, etc), which the job holder will have to excel in.
The job holder will also actively look to build strong organisational capabilities contributing to the strengths of the Global Coty Packaging Development organisation. This can include leading advances in technology development, physical and digital prototyping, rendering capabilities, modelling and simulation approaches, operational advances, etc. This will depend on the profile, capabilities and passions of the individual and specific evolving business priorities, needs and opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Packaging Development professional in the luxury beauty industry
- Experience in leading developments from design phase to in-market delivery (including tooling and production line qualification)
- Track record of successful in market launches, technical and organisational innovations
- Experience and strength in collaboration with both internal (including Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (including suppliers, design agencies and fashion houses)
- Ability to work internationally
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers, Coty plants)
- Academic qualifications: Masters in sciences
- CAD literacy will be a plus