PA Real Estate Investment Real Estate Counsel
Less than 5 years experience • Real Estate
PREIT is a real estate investment trust specializing in the ownership and management of differentiated retail shopping malls designed to fit the dynamic communities.
Our Vision: To create dynamic and compelling environments for the retailers, consumers and communities we serve.
Our Values: We are a people-centric organization that operates at velocity and brings innovation, collaboration and a culture of ownership to maximizing shareholder value.
The Real Estate Counsel will:
- Draft and negotiate in-line, outparcel and anchor leases and related documents, operating agreements, service contracts, management agreements, and related documents.
- Provide legal services to the Leasing, Operations, Accounting, Acquisitions, Asset Management, Lease Administration and Property Management departments.
- Review, process, respond and discharge, as applicable, mechanic’s lien claims filed against Company real estate.
- Interface with outside counsel in handling specialized legal issues on behalf of the company.
- Research leases and other legal documents.
Qualified Applicants will have:
- J.D. degree and active Pennsylvania bar membership required.
- At least three years of legal experience as a real estate lawyer including representation of a national or regional landlord in leasing retail space or representation of a national retailer in leasing activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, with management and Company personnel, outside counsel and lenders.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) - Company match after 6 months