The P&O Director plays a critical role in supporting the Demand leadership team along with the VP P&O, Regional President and other leadership team members in building, developing and deploying the people and organizational strategies required to drive eCommerce growth to $2B by 2025 while outpacing competition on share.
The P&O Director uses data & analytics, insights and interventions to accelerate key strategies and coach/partner with the Demand teams to deploy strategic talent and capability building initiatives that advance the Pet Nutrition OGSM and enterprise people strategy . This leader will also take on broad ownership for Pet Nutrition’s continued advancement of enterprise and strategic capability strategies
As a senior leader within the Pet Nutrition business, this role has shared accountability for all aspects of the overall performance of the unit, and will also own key elements of the enterprise people strategy in partnership with the VP P&O and P&O Director of E2E Supply Chain.
As a critical feeder role to the Pet Nutrition VP P&O and other Senior P&O leadership roles across North America and globally, the incumbent will also have critical leadership responsibilities in broader North American and Global P&O initiatives and teams.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field is required. MS/MBA is preferred.
- 12 or more years of progressive P&O and/or leadership experience
- Senior P&O Director/Generalist experience; working at senior levels across different segments and industries
- Experience leading transformations in eCommerce, digital, and data & analytics
- Demonstrated capability in developing strategies at the unit executive/leadership team level
- Demonstrated experience using the organizational development life cycle (hypothesis, data, analytics insights, diagnosis, creation of strategy or intervention, deployment, measure and sustain)
- Demonstrated capability in leading large scale change management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making skills, using a comprehensive approach with strong attention to detail
- Excellent business acumen / business experience and organizational agility
- Strong consulting skills and ability to influence decisions to a positive business outcome
- Ability to effectively manage and work within ambiguity and prioritize on business needs and resources
- Role model the Five Principles and recognized strengths in integrity, trust, and credibility in past experiences
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Role model the Five Principles every day; creating a culture of responsibility, performance and growth mindset throughout the organization
- Partner with the Demand Leadership Teams and NA P&O VP to establish and deploy short and long term strategies in the areas of culture, talent, change management and organizational development to drive transformation in eCommerce, data and analytics, revenue growth management, digital, leading to $2B net sales growth by 2025
- Use Organizational Development (OD) principles, data analytics and insights to develop and deploy rigorous people and talent strategies that support business growth and associate development; develop and engage in appropriate OD interventions that strengthen the health of the organization and enable a high performance culture
- Work closely with MyP&O, global segment demand leaders, and Centers of Expertise (ex. Rewards, Talent E,I&D, Health & Wellbeing etc.) to collaboratively design and deploy interventions specific to Pet Nutrition’s unique and specific strategies and initiatives.
- Lead enterprise and cross-segment capability building and workforce planning process for the enterprise; partner with executive team and P&O business partners to develop and deploy a multi-year talent demand plan aligned to the Pet Nutrition OGSM deliverables
- Drive “outside-in” mindset and strategies to deliver growth and talent development by partnering closely with leading thinkers, organizations, and collaborative thought leaders outside Mars, particularly in the space of eCommerce, RGM, strategy, and data & analytics. Leverage, support, and drive Mars University resources to partner closely with Pet Nutrition and other Petcare ecosystem segments to maximize capabilities specific to making a Better World for Pets
- Partner with cross-functional senior leaders to lead the people, change and culture elements of large transversal enterprise initiatives
- Partner closely with the VP P&O and P&O Director of E2E Supply Chain on the creation and delivery of the Enterprise People strategies.