P&D Product Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
Works with division management and National Director of Planning and Design (corporate) to manage the architectural project needs of the division and strategically lead the product development process while maintaining division core list of home designs and preparing/monitoring the annual architectural and engineering budget.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads/Manages plan production process with the division team from schematic design to release of construction documents.
- Reviews quality of work delivered from CAD Associate(s) and consultant team(s) and ensures quality expectations are met along with having needed resources for quality of projects.
- Reviews product strategy and needs with division leadership and corporate Planning and Design and makes recommendations based on market research.
- Reviews projects at milestone completions to assure they meet value design, target profile, division requirements, corporate standards and quality drafting standards.
- Manages and maintains project schedules for all assigned projects to assure they are completed on time (may require CAD drafting, as needed).
- Updates division team on status of projects using current internal systems. Maintains project tracker and any field requests.
- Tracks/maintains all plan histories and version (architectural, structural and MEP plans). Ensures files are stored correctly per corporate policy.
- Manages and maintains plan files stored on corporate server.
- Ensures documents comply with applicable building codes, jurisdictional requirements and division standards.
- Coordinates any DRB / ARB submittal packages with municipalities and developers.
- Assists with all other requests by division leadership, including reviews of marketing collateral (brochures and interactive plans on beazer.com) for accuracy.
- Coordinates and leads all prototype frame walks, design charrettes, schematic designs and annual product strategy meetings.
- Coordinates schematic design reviews with division, consultants and corporate Planning and Design.
- Determines the best course of action to complete projects and coordinates with internal and external resources accordingly.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of residential construction, building codes, drafting standards and architectural styles/standards.
- Proficient in AutoCAD as well as use word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet software for communication and data analysis.
- Ability to work on and prioritize several projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Available to work beyond normal work hours if required to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate information necessary in order to perform duties.
- Minimum competency requirements include: Product Manager: Bachelordegree in design/construction related field from accredited institution with four plus years direct work experience including use of AutoCAD, or a two year technical degree with six years direct work experience including two years of AutoCAD, or no degree and minimum 10 years direct work experience including 4 years of AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel20-25% of the time (locally – site visits) (out-of-state – annually).
- Ability to multi-task and answer questions from management, contractors, consultants and construction.
Typical office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.