Oversight & Controls - Control Reporting Manager - Vice President
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Bankingoffers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
The Control Reporting Manager should possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis skills, with experience in project management and executive level communications (both written and verbal). This position will interact with all levels of management within the controls organization, as well as other parts of the business. This role will require interaction with other LOB control teams to ensure the control agenda is managed effectively.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Work in a matrixed environment to conduct strategic analysis of control topics, formulate recommended courses of action, develop executive-level presentations and facilitate discussions with senior leaders.
- Gather/analyze complex data, develop accurate conclusions and provide recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand Control implications
- In partnership with other team members, provide end to end ownership and accountability for assigned tasks; receiving strategic direction on the desired end-state, translating that direction into a plan for action, and self-managing the completion of required tasks to achieve that end-state with minimal ongoing direction.
- Partner with peers and functional colleagues across the CCB Controls Organization to facilitate and support analysis and reporting projects, on tight deadlines and changing requirements
- Review processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and assist in implementing new procedures when required
- Ability to influence and manage without direct control hierarchy.
- Assist in the generation and/or publishing of recurring control reporting (i.e. scorecards, meeting decks, etc).
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic and has a keen interest in strategic analysis and executive level facilitation. The successful candidate will demonstrate good organizational skills, and will be able to deal with issues independently even when working under pressure with challenging deadlines. Given that the role will involve communicating with employees of varying levels, with diverse functions roles, the individual will need strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in/knowledge of more than one of the following areas: banking or credit card operations, audit, compliance, or Controls
- Bachelor's degree required; however, attainment of a Masters of Business Administration or other comparable advanced degree is desireable but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi task and deliver to a tight deadline
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels across all functions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment to build consensus
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Plan and schedule timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; Provide management reporting on milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the control programs.
- Provide risk and control consultative support
Req #: 170074880_1