STV is seeking an Overhead Catenary Design (OCS) Engineer to work in our Ottawa office as part of our Transportation & Infrastructure Division. Candidates will be considered for any of our offices.
The engineer will work on the design of AC and DC Catenary systems for heavy rail, commuter, light rail and street car systems. This role will involve the preparation of Catenary plans and profile diagrams, Catenary support structures, including cantilevers, portals and head spans.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Proven capable to perform complete Catenary designs
- Ability to prepare OCS structure and wiring Layout Plans
- Experience in the development of OCS specifications
- Ability to prepare Structural Erection Diagrams
- Ability to prepare Catenary profiles
- Experience with relevant code requirement s for OCS design
- Understand integration of other disciplines such as traction power, track, signals and communications.
- Knowledge of engineering computations and structural analysis
- Support and direct Catenary engineering and drafting staff
- Ability to prepare assembly and component drawings
- Knowledge of Catenary wire properties, insulators and miscellaneous hardware
- Experience with OCS field construction: staging, techniques and cost estimating
- Candidates should possess a thorough understanding of the workings of a Catenary system and be capable of performing pole and foundation loading calculations, Catenary tension calculations, analysis of wire sag and rise conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- 5-7 years of experience in OCS/CATENARY design
- Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD/Microstation V8
- Ability to design on screen in production of CAD drawings
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of software for support structure analysis (STAAD, MathCAD) preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the cooperative ability to work with other team members at other locations.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.