The role of the Outside Sales Representative is to sell the firm’s complete product and service offering to its target portfolio companies. The Outside Sales Representative is the customer acquisition specialist using all tools at their disposal to identify, manage and close opportunities in their assigned territory/portfolio.
Key Targets and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Client Services, Training, Consulting and the relevant Research teams to:
- Manage an assigned territory of energy companies not currently doing business with Wood Mackenzie. These companies can include E&P, utilities, midstream, oilfield services, refiners or end users.
- Prepare, maintain, and execute a territory plan and ensure the plan reflects the priorities established in the business strategy
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and achieve annual new business targets
- Direct and actively participate in planning the business development/capture strategy for specific prospects.
- Keep aware of the business development activity and strategy of competitors, including their pricing trends and approaches.
- Identify and research the feasibility of new market opportunities for current and future services that align with business strategy
- Represent Wood Mackenzie at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Refer and coordinate timely responses to client enquiries with relevant business areas
- Ensure a coordinated and integrated business development and service delivery model
- Support new product and service development launches
- Ensure all relevant CRM entries and transactions are completed
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of a Bachelordegree in related field
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience.
- Energy industry experience strongly preferred.
- Direct commercial experiencerequired; must be comfortable operating independently with key customers and partners
- Experience managing a sales territory
- Has carried a sales quota and consistently hit numbers
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience is required, including experience in a professional services or data & analytics organization with exposure to sales, business development, or consulting during that time
- Experience selling market intelligence to various functions within the oil and gas industry is a plus
- An understanding of the commodity markets Wood Mackenzie serves would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver compelling product demonstrations, create new business opportunities, develop and close deals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, proactive, results oriented
- Client-focused with strong relationship management skills, demonstrating credibility, integrity and professionalism
- Solid track record of developing business relationships with C-level/senior executives
- Must have a solid track record in analysis, presentation of new ideas and partner engagements
- The successful candidate must be a strong team player who is able to work autonomously when required
- They should possess strong presentation, negotiation and selling skills as well as a results oriented mind-set