We are Seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team!
Lampert Lumber is seeking experienced candidates for our Outside Sales Representative position. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now
What you should know about working at Lampert Lumber:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as an Outside Sales Representative:
- You will build new relationships and support existing customers and contractors.
- You will partner with your customers by assisting them with product selection, communicate trends, new product releases, upcoming promotions, delivery dates on purchases.
- Be your customer’s business partner.
- You will prepare bids, material estimates from customer/contractor supplied blueprints.
- You will assist in collecting accounts receivables.
- You may prepare and input orders if necessary.
- Read blueprints, provide estimates on material needs.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Outside Sales Representative Requirements:
- Special Skills. Ability to operate computer, calculator and cash register.
- Technical Skills. Computer Experience using MS Office Products.
- Knowledge. Previous building material knowledge. (Preferred).
- Licenses. Must hold a clear and valid driver’s license.
- Communication. Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills (Required).
- Education. Some college in Business (Preferred) or equivalent in experience.
- Sales Experience. 3 years Sales Experience in building materials or construction industry.
- Physical Demands. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs on a random basis.
- Teamwork. Ability to work as a team and help motivate others.
- Excellence. Must have an excellent attendance history with a work ethic to match.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.