Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales RepresentativeRegion: Pacific NorthwestCompany Overview:
Harvey Performance Company is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications. The Company is the parent company of the Harvey Tool and Helical Solutions brands. Harvey Tool has long been known for its miniature end mills and specialty products, and Helical’s expertise is larger diameter high performance end mills. The company is headquartered in Rowley, MA and has a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Gorham, ME.
Harvey Tool Company LLC was founded in 1985 to address a void in the $2.3 billion North American cutting tool market for a standard, in-stock offering of custom cutting tools (“specials”). Harvey Tool provides solutions to machinists most challenging applications by having a broad product offering of specialty tools in stock with rapid, accurate service and technical support.
Helical Solutions, was founded in 2001 and headquartered in Gorham, Maine. Helical designs and manufactures high performance end mills to maximize end user productivity in some of the most demanding materials and applications. Helical is a very well-respected brand due to its high-quality product offering and reputation for excellent service and technical support.
In August 2015, Harvey Tool acquired Helical Solutions and then rebranded the parent company as Harvey Performance Company in 2017. The company promotes the two brands through a large network of select authorized distributors throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Outside Sales Representative will sell the Harvey and Helical brands to distributors within a defined territory. He/she will be responsible for new business development, as well as distributor management, and will work closelywith the internal Inside Sales/Customer Service team to solve application problems. The Outside Sales Representative will be on the road most days traveling to meet with new and current distributors and end users. A typical week may be a 2-3 day trip within the territory and 1-2 days traveling more locally within the same territory.
- To apply, sell & grow products from both of our brands, Harvey Tool & Helical Solutions.
- Manage, develop, and grow sales by supporting existing distributor partners through joint sales calls, product training, customer support/analysis, and product recommendations
- Manage, develop, and support end user customer accounts through product testing, product application and consultation
- Develop and establish deep-seated professional customerrelationships with appropriate personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing etc.) to gain strongest position and foster sales growth
- Utilize, manage and maintain any/all your sales activity through our CRM platform (Salesforce.com). Including logging all calls, managing account contacts, reporting any activity and/or account communications
- Conduct periodic technical seminars for distributors/end-users for more in-depth brand awareness, application assistance to present a stronger company value proposition.
- Develop and manage annual salesforecasting and cost budgeting for your territory
- Understand, develop and exercise Value Selling techniques with all your customers (Distributors and end-users) including proper execution of time/territory management.
- Provide customer feedback to help our New Product Development (NPD) group develop new products and improve on existing product lines and opportunities
- Draft, maintain and submit an electronic expense reports to your manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Associates degreerequired, Bachelor’s degreedesired
- Minimum of 5years of successful technical salesexperience in the cutting tool industry
- Consistent track record of meeting & exceeding quota
- Proven skills in qualifying, demonstrating, and influencing decision makers to accurately target and assess new business opportunities.
- Strong technical background in the application of cutting tools
- Strong written & verbal communication skills as well as superior interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, and CRM systems
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Will be on the road 4-5 days/week, this travel will be a combination local travelwith some overnight travelrequired, as well as travel for Company wide sales and organizational meetings