Job ID: 141528
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Precast is looking for a Sales Representative to join our team in Auburn, WA. The Sales Representativereports to the Sales Manager and is responsible for developing and maintaining favorable relationships with current and potential customers, achieving sales goals of our precast concrete products business, developing short and long term sales strategies and sales plans to increase the region’s sales volume and profit margins.
- Assist the Area Sales Manager in developing strategy and tactics that ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets through assigned geography.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to include on demand forecasting, competitor capabilities, customer profiles and the next best alternatives.
- Identify and bid all appropriate projects within assigned marketing area. Participate in the development of bid strategy for each job.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the engineering community. Leverage these relationships to get Oldcastle products specified on future projects
- Establish short and long term goals and strategies in regards to key clients and prospects. Develop specific action plans to achieve goals.
- Will be responsible for meeting specific sales volumes and profit margin goals.
- Partner with other departments (Quality Control, Production, Operations, Transportation, and Accounting) to ensure every account receives the highest level of customer service.
- Communicate with the sales team to manage and coordinate sales to customers who overlap geographic boundaries and markets, as well as to leverage the OPI portfolio across company boundaries.
- Actively participate in industry-related associations as required in order to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships.
- Manage OPI relationship with key accounts throughout region.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers and vendors as needed.
- Prospect opportunities and companies and market products within core markets
- Create and maintain Strategic Opportunity and Account plans for strategic opportunities or accounts.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have 5+ years in civil infrastructureconstruction, precast concrete manufacturing sales, or similar product sales.
- Highly ethical.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen in regards to sales and marketing and/or the civil infrastructureconstruction market; be knowledgeable in regards to current and possible future industry trends.
- Ability to read and interpret civil design drawings, and engineering production drawings.
- Must have ability to travel (Approx. 50% +) throughout the sales region.
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within territory to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers – both internal and external.
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter who is action oriented and drives for results.
- Foster a collaborative, team-based approach.
- Be experienced with technical sales to engineers and specifying agencies (Not necessity but a plus).
- Be proficient in basic Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.)
- Have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record; monthly auto reimbursement for mileage is provided.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Have ability to work with a diverse group of people both within the Company and in a sales capacity.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.