Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Generate new business through analysis of assigned territory to identify new customers and markets;
- Grow existing accounts through execution of a proactive sales plan with initiatives to include focus on lost & declining business in existing customer base;
- Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation;
- Deliver superior service through consultative sales, preparing quality presentation materials, conducting demonstrations, detailing products and cost savings, determining customer needs and requirements, and offering solutions;
- Research and develop information on new projects;
- Develop knowledge of customer accounts within assigned territory, to include technical requirements, production volume and schedules, targeted pricing, applicable contract requirements, and competitive analysis;
- Negotiate with vendors and coordinate efforts with Supply Chain groups for best product prices;
- Work with Branch/Regional management and National Accounts team to develop strategic territory business plans, assist with proposals, contract research and negotiation, and implementation of sales strategies to achieve sales growth;
- Ensure contractual compliance that may require difficult conversations surrounding deviations from contractual agreements in partnership with management and national account teams;
- Identify and communicate work in process, threats, opportunities, and related market trends as appropriate;
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, pricing, and MRC Global systems, procedures, and strategy;
- Aggressively respond to and meet sales opportunities by serving as the source for customers' required information, maintaining consistent contact with all customers in the assigned area of responsibility;
- Develop customer retention strategies by consistently illustrating MRC Global's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer needs;
- Drive effective partnership with Branch team; communicate to deepen understanding of customer business processes, buying procedures, and expectations for service;
- Attend branch meetings; Share information; Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals;
- Partner with branch and otherinternal resources to investigate and resolve all customer complaints promptly. Evaluate source of problem and follow to resolution;
- Perform related administrative functions in accordance with MRC Global procedures to include quotations, order placement, delivery confirmation, processing changes and returns, and responding to messages and inquiries;
- Work with branch warehouse to achieve delivery performance goals, ensure orders are filled as promised, keeping customers informed of order status;
- Advocate and engage in promotion and maintenance of safety initiatives;
- Exercise care in all activities; demonstrate safety leadership; address and report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately;
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated sales negotiation experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of PVF materials and ability to understand scope of services to include pricing, supply, and contract terms;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one to one or group situations;
- Willingness and ability to be on call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.