Outside Sales Representative
New Home Media - Washington, DC
This is a work from home opportunity with your territory heavily focused in the DC area. Otherlocations include Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Job Description :
The Sales Representative reports the Director of Sales.
- Receives requests/inquiries from customers and provides information and price quotations to customers. Processes sales orders and returns and coordinates with other departments through to completion.
- Position coordinates activities with Production, Accounting and Customer Service.
- Good communications skills, a working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to work well with people is essential.
- Proficient in telephone communications required.
- Competent in assessing customer needs and identifying sales opportunities. Ability to work independently with solid time-management and organization skills.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have the ability to promote reinforcement with other key managers and their employees; capacity to work independently and prioritize responsibilities. Experience in solution selling techniques with an emphasis on strong account and territory management required.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas required.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents
- Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems
- Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, and other analytics as required
- Able to understand and utilize financialreports and legal documents to conduct business
- The job is performed both indoors in a traditional office setting and outdoors traveling to and from customer accounts.
BA degreepreferred - business or marketing is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 5years