At BMC the Outside Sales Representative is defined by the three Es: efficient operations, effective sales, excellent service. Building relationships is the cornerstone of sales success - our reps secure new business to increase our market share and drive value. With total focus on new and existing accounts, they tend these relationships with the superior customer experience that is the hallmark of BMC.
- Promote, sell and secure new accounts for the company in Lumber and related product lines.
- Facilitate product selection of customers. Use proper forms to assure consistent records of selections.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assist with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
- Prepare, coordinate and communicate price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Continuously offering customers BMC’s full product line and services, marketing full-package selling.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems.
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Market internal vendor network of BMC operations (Windows & Doors, Custom Millwork).
- Prepare and input orders as necessary.
- Attend custom builder meetings as necessary.
- Inform company of competitive prices, products and market-related information.
- Estimate materials from blue prints supplied by customer/contractor.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field, or relevant experience in Outside Sales in building materials and/or related product categories.
- Special skills required: Working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements.
- Special knowledge required: Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
- Other: Computer literate.
- Minimum experience required: 3 years sales experience in building materials supply.