The Sales Representative will meet category objectives and overall sales revenue targets for its designated region. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling, merchandising, and maintaining inventory levels of Fox MX products to existing and potential Powersports accounts.
Essential Functions of this Role:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Make personal sales calls at established account base on a regular basis.
* Maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly sales call and travel schedule
* Work with accounts to effectively manage Fox inventory
* Manage and assist account base with merchandising, seasonal POP updates, custom POP needs, etc.
* Create merchandising plans for existing and new accounts
* Seek out prospective customers/business opportunities within existing and new accounts
* Establish and maintain customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
* Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
* Introduce, demonstrate, and train account staff on new products
* Conduct on going product training with account staff
* Follow-up on all account needs to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
* Generate profitable sales orders during account visits.
* Report competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
* Maintain ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company goals in the marketplace.
* Attend sales meetings and product trainings to develop superior product knowledge
* Develop an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates, Parts Managers, GM’s and support personnel; encourage and assist in their training and development when possible.
* Execute sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
* Maintain a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
* Complete sales call sheets, expense reports, tracking reports, etc., in a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
* Fulfill customer needs for B2B web training, catalogs, product pricing, images, product descriptions, etc.
* Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
* Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
* Coordinate customer warranty returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
* Inform customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives. Reporting customer comments to management.
* Routinely communicates schedule to Regional Sales Manager
* Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job. Competencies:
* Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction
* Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment Supervisory Responsibilities:
* None Work Environment:
* Subject to both environmental conditions, activities occur inside and outside Physical Demands:
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
* Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh more tha 25 lbs. Expected Hours of Work:
* Must be flexible with schedule
* Must be available to work occasional off-hours
* Must be available during standard business hours
* May be required to work more than 8 hours during a workday Travel:
* Significant travel within the territory
* Significant travel to Fox corporate headquarters and various sales meetings Required Education, Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in sales or closely related field with three years of relevant sales and/or Powersports industry experience; or equivalent combined education and on the job experience
* Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications
* Developed knowledge of the industry within the given market
* Experience with ADP Lightspeed or other Powersport dealer management software
* General knowledge of Motocross, Supercross, off road motorcycle riding and racing
* Strong customer service orientation
* A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
* Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc. Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
* Consumer products experience
* Familiarity with and experience in motorcycle, bicycle, and or action sports apparel industry Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
* None Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
* None Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.