WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR? Selling Hughes Machinery Company – Capital Equipment Division (Steam Specialties, Heat Exchangers, Boilers, Pumps & Hot Water Heaters, Instrumentation and Controls) in the assigned area. Acting as a consultative business partner to customers to determine their current and future needs, you will be a problem solver, trusted advisor and technical expert in the application of our products. You will evolve into being relied on as more than a point of contact, in understanding the customer’s business drivers. YOU WILL:
- Call on architectural and engineering firms who service our end-user customer base conducting informational training sessions on our products and their application;
- Call on mechanical contractors as well as owners and end users in Industrial, Commercial and/or Municipal accounts providing process solutions and application advice on our products;
- Establish effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and confidence in applying our products;
- Review specifications, application requirements and other documents and work closely with Inside Sales for preparations of resulting quotations;
- Provide technical support for customers in the proper use, operation and maintenance of our equipment;
- Participate in local job-related professional organizations such as ASHRAE and ASPE;
- Grow territory by increasing penetration of existing accounts and developing new accounts;
- Advise Inside Sales personnel as to margins to utilize for particular accounts or projects;
- Actively maintain CRMdatabase,
- Maintain strong principal relationships;
- Attend Factory training sessions for products represented,
- ...and more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Mechanical or Industrialpreferred) or equivalent experience in a technical field or business concentration;
- 5+ years Outside Sales experience, preferably in a related industry and with a proven track record of success;
- Inside Sales and/or Field Service work a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Well organized;
- Highly energetic and a self-starter;
- Decision-maker, with creative problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task various activities with shifting priorities;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and product specifications;
- Ability to identify critical decision makers within customer organizations;
- Ability to recognize customer's needs beyond the stated or obvious;
- Ability to build and sustain strong customer relationships;
- Ability to work in a professional manner with individuals from varying backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
TRAVEL 3-4 days/week, primarily local but some travel requires overnight stays.
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.