Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and expand relationships with current and prospective customers using multiple techniques including regular sales calls, cold-calling, industrynetworking, customer recommendations, etc. to drive aggressive closure of all available opportunities.
- Every action should be taken to close deals, secure contracts, drive sales growth, and generate revenue.
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services in an effective & professional manner.
- Make presentations to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations, workshops, and lunch & learns.
- Call on and, when necessary, entertain Engineers, Contractors, and Industrial Clients to facilitate better customer relationships and help promote ongoing business partnerships.
- Be strategic, organized, and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your sales territory including, but not limited to:
- Planning sales calls to achieve maximum customer face time each day.
- Use of LinkedIn and other social networks to track current and potential customers, network with potential and existing customer contacts, and perform new customer research.
- Develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for sales territory and assigned accounts using previous sales, industry, and market data.
- Provide outstanding customer service and respond to any & all customer needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintain sales records, pipeline reporting, and generate relevant sales and market reports on a quarterly, annual, and as needed basis.
- Actively participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual sales meetings.
- Maintain up-to-dateworking knowledge of the industries served and the products & services offered.
- Track industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Able to operate standard office equipment, namely laptop computer, VoIP phone system, tablet computer, and other mobile technology.
- Must be able to travel on a daily basis as needed to perform sales calls & other sales related functions.
- Valid driver’s license required; employee will use personal vehicle for all travel.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Self-motivated & aggressive in sales tactics and strategies; desire to close sales on every customer call.
- Strong technical/industry knowledge to build upon.
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office, namely Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Previous experience with Prophet21 (P21) highly desired.
- Excellent internal & external communication, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to tackle multiple projects while being organized, detail, and deadline oriented.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the organization, as well as customers & vendors.
- Ability to focus on company expectations while continuously striving for improvement and territory growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Industrial Distribution, Engineering & Management, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or Sales/Marketing; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Outside Sales/Account Manager/Territory Manager role within the industrial marketplace required.
- Modern, multi-function office environment; significant daily travel involved including customer calls, visiting customer sites, attending trade shows, industry events, and networking events.
- Normal working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; Additional hours as needed based on customer needs.
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR? Selling RL Stone products (Steam Specialties, HVAC Air Handlers, Heat Exchangers, Boilers, Pumps & Hot Water Heaters, Instrumentation and Controls) in the assigned area. Acting as a consultative business partner to customers to determine their current and future needs, you will be a problem solver, trusted advisor and technical expert in the application of our products. You will evolve into being relied on as more than a point of contact, in understanding the customer’s business drivers. YOU WILL:
- Call on end-users such as engineers, technicians and supervisory personnel in Industrial, Commercial and/or Municipal accounts providing process solutions and application advice on our products;
- Call on architectural and engineering firms who service our end-user customer base conducting informational training sessions on our products and their application;
- Establish effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and confidence in applying our products;
- Review specifications, application requirements and other documents and work closely with Inside Sales for preparations of resulting quotations;
- Provide technical support for customers in the proper use, operation and maintenance of our equipment;
- Participate in local job-related professional organizations such as ASHRAE and ASPE;
- Grow territory by increasing penetration of existing accounts and developing new accounts;
- Advise Inside Sales personnel as to margins to utilize for particular accounts or projects;
- Actively maintain CRMdatabase,
- Maintain strong principal relationships;
- Attend Factory training sessions for products represented,
- ...and more!
WE WILL PROVIDE:
A dynamic and exciting work environment, Technical training, Competitive salary and commissions, Incentive programs, Management & ownership opportunities Comprehensive and affordable benefits package...and more!
- Associates degree in a technical field or business concentration;
- 5+ years Outside Sales experience, preferably in a related industry and with a proven track record of success;
- Inside Sales and/or Field Service work a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Well organized;
- Highly energetic and a self-starter;
- Decision-maker, with creative problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task various activities with shifting priorities;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and product specifications;
- Ability to identify critical decision makers within customer organizations;
- Ability to recognize customer's needs beyond the stated or obvious;
- Ability to build and sustain strong customer relationships;
- Ability to work in a professional manner with individuals from varying backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
TRAVEL 3-4 days/week, primarily local but some travel requires overnight stays.
FCX Performance is an Applied IndustrialTechnologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.