Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and expand relationships with current and prospective customers using multiple techniques including regular sales calls, cold-calling, industrynetworking, customer recommendations, etc. to drive aggressive closure of all available opportunities.
- Every action should be taken to close deals, secure contracts, drive sales growth, and generate revenue.
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services in an effective & professional manner.
- Make presentations to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations, workshops, and lunch & learns.
- Call on and, when necessary, entertain Engineers, Contractors, and Industrial Clients to facilitate better customer relationships and help promote ongoing business partnerships.
- Be strategic, organized, and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your sales territory including, but not limited to:
- Planning sales calls to achieve maximum customer face time each day.
- Use of LinkedIn and other social networks to track current and potential customers, network with potential and existing customer contacts, and perform new customer research.
- Develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for sales territory and assigned accounts using previous sales, industry, and market data.
- Provide outstanding customer service and respond to any & all customer needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintain sales records, pipeline reporting, and generate relevant sales and market reports on a quarterly, annual, and as needed basis.
- Actively participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual sales meetings.
- Maintain up-to-dateworking knowledge of the industries served and the products & services offered.
- Track industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Self-motivated & aggressive in sales tactics and strategies; desire to close sales on every customer call.
- Strong technical/industry knowledge to build upon.
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office, namely Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Previous experience with Prophet21 (P21) highly desired.
- Excellent internal & external communication, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to tackle multiple projects while being organized, detail, and deadline oriented.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the organization, as well as customers & vendors.
- Ability to focus on company expectations while continuously striving for improvement and territory growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Industrial Distribution, Engineering & Management, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or Sales/Marketing; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Outside Sales/Account Manager/Territory Manager role within the industrial marketplace required.
- Modern, multi-function office environment; significant daily travel involved including customer calls, visiting customer sites, attending trade shows, industry events, and networking events.
- Normal working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; Additional hours as needed based on customer needs.