Outside Sales Representative
Aegion Coating Services, a subsidiary of the Aegion Corporation www.aegion.com , provides equipment and services to the onshore and offshore midstream pipeline industry including: inside and outside diameter field joint coatings of cross country pipelines, custom coatings of pipeline valves, fittings, manifolds and piping, and inspection services. Aegion Coating Services works under Aegion’s Corrosion Protection Platform umbrella of companies including: Bayou, Corrpro, and United Pipeline Systems.
The successful candidate will be based out of the Tulsa area and will focus primarily on selling internal diameter pipeline robotic services to the major pipeline companies, EPC’s (Engineering, Procurement, Construction), and pipeline contractors. As part of Aegion’s Corrosion Protection Platform, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to cross sell other pipeline services including: cathodic protection, HDPE liners, corrosion coatings, and deep water pipe insulation.
- Develop new and expand established business in North America and offshore Gulf of Mexico.
- Responsible for obtaining sales to meet individual and team goals.
- Increase sales volume through direct sales efforts, such as calling on key clients, preparing quotes and proposals and following up with customers.
- Perform Coating Services presentations to customers and prospective customers in person and via webinars.
- Assist in product pricing and project planning with office management team.
- Establish professional customer relationships with appropriate customer staff.
- Enter weekly activity/call reports into CRM regarding customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer relationships.
- Remain current on market trends, competitive activity, product development and NACE requirements.
- Attend trade shows and related conventions as needed to promote company products and services.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field.
- 5 years industrial or services salesexperience with a technical background.
- Experience with services and product sales with oil and gas customers preferred.
- Knowledge and salesexperience with corrosion coatings preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with experience motivating and influencing customers and internal staff.
- Experienced in creating estimates and working through negotiations.
- Strong writing and computer software skills including experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, a CRM, and web-based databases and sites.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and a team player.
- Must be able to travel to the potential customer sites.
Job ID 2017-8164