YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today’s most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group’s YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. YDesign Group is also a leader in modern furniture, home accessories and decorative plumbing via its YLiving brand. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek with offices in Sacramento, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, retail showroom in Sacramento, CA and catalogs.
Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative role in our Contract Sales department will focus on Purchasing Agents and the Hospitality categories. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth by expanding proposal opportunities within existing customers while actively acquiring new customers. The primary responsibility of an Outside Sales Representative is to attain quota by managing accounts in a way that creates a pipeline of qualified requests for quotations resulting in booked orders. Maintaining a superior customer experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales, is a key attribute of the successful Outside Sales Representative.
• Attain or exceed annual sales quota by developing and managing a pipeline of opportunities
• Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop existing & new accounts in the purchasing agent and hospitality market
• Drive sales through product knowledge and market knowledge which will enable you to align key business objectives of clients
• Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with customer
• Successfully manage and overcome customer objections
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations and competitors’ products, prices and sales
• Write regular sales and territory reports
• Provide key insights during account and territory planning sessions
• Travel throughout the U.S. to meet with existing and potential new accounts and attend targeted industry conferences
• 5 + years’ experience successfully selling and managing B2B accounts
• Able to travel up to 50% of the year
• Proven track record achieving measurable sales goals
• Self-motivated, self-directed with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization
• Must be well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, follow through on commitments, and manage multiple deadlines & changing priorities
• Exhibits a work style that is high energy, highly influential and can be an assertive closer
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates, managers and internal & external contacts via phone, email and in person
• Ability to balance working within multi-level sales teams and being an individual contributor
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM tools
• BA/BS preferred.