The Outside Sale Representative generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management and Waste Management Recycle America services to assigned accounts that are moderately large and/or more complex accounts. The OSR is responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers only. There are no account management responsibilitiesassociated with this position.
This is a field-based HUNTER position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Match Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Using in?depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
- Experience: 3-years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-businesscold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices