Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Not Specified years
Posted 18 days agoby Glenn Davis
We are looking for a the right individual to become a part of our sales team in the general Western and Southern Ohio area based out of our Columbus location. What we are looking for is a self-starter with a strong Industrial sales background with specific industry experience.
Sell conveyor belting and related accessories in an established territory to other businesses. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills and desire to grow
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven sales track record of growth
- College degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of conveyor belt industry and/or distribution industry preferred
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn
- Valid drivers license is required
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Develop long-term customer relationships and generate new business from prospect customers and introduce existing customers to our different product lines.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
• Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
• Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
• Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
• Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
• Work with the credit department to obtain credit information about prospective customers.
• Train customers' employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
This is for the position based in Columbus, OH; possibly in Indianapolis, Dayton or Cincinnati with the right background.
Fill by: ASAP
Location: Columbus, OH
Reports to: Sales Manager