Outside Sales - HVAC Sales - (205459)
Conducts sales calls for HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, humidification, air quality products, systems and related products & services. Provides surveys, quotes prices, proposals, and information regarding terms of sale and delivery dates. Develops relationships with new and existing customers. Utilizes selling techniques to maximize sales volume and to address customer’s wants, needs and objectives. Maintains profitability and good customer relations by following through with customer concerns and ensuring projects are completed as sold.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Job Functions)
- 1. Responsible for profitable in-home selling of residential heating, cooling and related products and services meeting pre-established sales, technical accuracy and customer satisfaction goals.
- 2. Prospects any leads provided by other segments of the company. Networks and follows through on leads provided by applicable business and vendors.
- 3. Follows through with sales to ensure receipt, delivery and installation of product for complete customer satisfaction.
- 4. Meets guidelines for professional selling and service standards and expectations.
- 5. Develops and maintain relationships with intra company divisions to ensure the flow of leads, response to requests and commitments for service are ongoing and nurtured.
- 6. Develops and maintains positive relationships with prospects and customers to facilitate networking, repeat business, and to generate leads for other divisions of the company.
- 7. Communicates with the buying office / manager, vendors and operations to ensure availability, accuracy and timeliness of product.
- 8. Maintains product and services knowledge by independently studying specification sheets, manufacturer literature, staying up to date on new products, and attending vendor or company sponsored training meetings.
- 9. Continuously and timely communicates leads status.
10. Maintains and keeps current on all related pricing, codes and policies and procedures.
11. Prepares and submits sold job packages legibly, thoroughly and accurately using current provided forms.
12. Works with installation managers to check all job information for timely and profitable installation.
13. Obtains non-standard cost / sell pricing from various sources including installation managers, purchasing and sales management.
14. Responsible for training other sales representatives, solving customer satisfaction issues, submitting required or requested reports, trade show schedule and participation in other company activities / training as requested.
- 1. College Graduate or equivalent with minimum of 2 years work related experiences / customer contact experience or equivalent combination of formal education/training and experience.
- 2. Projects a positive / professional image, highly motivated and success-driven.
- 3. Must be able to be self motivated, work independently and have a flexible work schedule including nights & weekends.
- 4. Personal transportation and current state issued driver’s license required.
- 5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with proven customer service skills.
- 6. Demonstrated ability to utilize personal computers and standard Microsoft office software.
- 7. Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately.
- 8. Recent convictions for crimes reasonably related to activities of this job may disqualify an applicant.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor