Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly goals as a sales consultant for emerging industries and markets to include prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers and prospects new accounts to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Attends monthly business meetings for company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 or more years business to business (B2B) field sales experience.
- Direct sales to HD Supply facility customers and industry product line.
- Large volume of product lines experience.
- Organizational skills and knowledge of handheld technology.
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical, lighting, plumbing, janitorial and HVAC product lines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Salesforce, or similar CRM.
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals in a remote position.