Tilson is looking for a motivated and passionate professional to lead a team of OSP Engineers and Technicians on projects nationwide. The candidate should have technical experience in outside plant design working collaboratively with other departments to achieve success. Candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of proven experience with OSP underground and aerial telecommunication engineering. We are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth.
- Oversee the utilization, production, process and tools of the OSP engineers and technicians.
- Provide a point of technical escalation internally and externally.
- Work with the Project Managers to staff engineering programs appropriately. Work with HR to conduct interviews and hiring, performance reviews.
- Work on continuous improvement for processes including quality control, field engineering, detailed design, and other workflow improvements.
- Ensure engineers understand the scope, design requirements, budget and schedule requirements of each project. Provide feedback to the project manager of scope changes or impacts to schedule and production.
- Provide technical training on best practices for OSP engineering and design. Provide recommendations on professional education for OSP engineers.
- Provide training on Tilson engineering tools and processes. Track and maintain inventory of assigned equipment.
- Ability to perform low level fiber engineering using 3-GIS platform, approximately 50+% of the time.
- Assist with project estimates, budgeting and proposals as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure make ready management, permitting and fielding meet OSP design criteria.
- Review permit and construction drawings for engineering integrity.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction
- Knowledge of NESC code, GO95 and JPA as it relates to telecommunications rules & regulations
- Experience engineering in a GIS based program
- Ability review as-built plans and test results
- Familiarity with GPON engineering
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver's license