Tilson is looking for a motivated and passionate professional to lead a team of OSP Engineers and Technicians on projects nationwide. The candidate should have technical experience in outside plant design working collaboratively with other departments to achieve success. Candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of proven experience with OSP underground and aerial telecommunication engineering. We are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth.
- Oversee the utilization, production, process and tools of the OSP engineers and technicians.
- Provide a point of technical escalation internally and externally.
- Work with the Project Managers to staff engineering programs appropriately. Work with HR to conduct interviews and hiring, performance reviews.
- Work on continuous improvement for processes including quality control, field engineering, detailed design, and other workflow improvements.
- Ensure engineers understand the scope, design requirements, budget and schedule requirements of each project. Provide feedback to the project manager of scope changes or impacts to schedule and production.
- Provide technical training on best practices for OSP engineering and design. Provide recommendations on professional education for OSP engineers.
- Provide training on Tilson engineering tools and processes. Track and maintain inventory of assigned equipment.
- Ability to perform low level fiber engineering using 3-GIS platform, approximately 50+% of the time.
- Assist with project estimates, budgeting and proposals as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure make ready management, permitting and fielding meet OSP design criteria.
- Review permit and construction drawings for engineering integrity.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction
- Knowledge of NESC code, GO95 and JPA as it relates to telecommunications rules & regulations
- Experience engineering in a GIS based program
- Ability review as-built plans and test results
- Familiarity with GPON engineering
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
This is a full-time salaried position with occasional day and overnight travel. Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time in order to meet client needs. Occasional travel to client offices or meet with field teams required, up to 25%. Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals. We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.